About Dr. Marshak
Dr. Marshak, a cow doctor, joined the faculty of Penn Vet in 1956 as Professor and Chair of Medicine, later becoming Chair of Clinical Studies. As Dean, his energy and vision were the catalysts for many initiatives including building the new small animal hospital in Philadelphia, expanding New Bolton Center, introducing aquatic veterinary medicine, and developing veterinary specialties parallel to and in cooperation with those in human medicine. Following his 14 years as Dean, Dr. Marshak served as Section Chief for Epidemiology and Public Health. At age 93, he continues to think and write at a fast pace about veterinary education and the profession’s significance to world health.