Penn Vet’s New Bolton Center Campus, which opened in 1952, is located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania on 700 pastoral acres in Chester County. The campus offers some of the finest veterinary services available anywhere in the country for horses, cattle, camelids, pigs, goats, sheep and other large animals.
Most notably, New Bolton Center's Hospital for Large Animals, which opened in 1964, provides a standard of care that is internationally renowned. With a long history of excellence, it enjoys one of the largest caseloads of any academic large animal hospital in the country. The hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services, accommodating more than 4,900 patient visits each year. The Field Service treats nearly 38,000 patients at local farms.
We strive to provide the finest in both emergency and routine veterinary patient care for all species of large animals, to strive to better understand animal disease processes, and to be leaders in the area of animal health and productivity for the betterment of society.
New Bolton Center is also world-renowned for its groundbreaking research centers and laboratories, investigating topics ranging from food production in dairy cattle and swine, reference andrology, equine pharmacology, reproduction, behavior, and comparative orthopedics.Our facilities follow green technology and sustainable practices including growing our own feed crops, and the campus is also home to a sustainable forest.